Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fish Curry

Its not everyday that I make fish/chicken curry the Kerala way. I'm not even sure I can ever achieve that 'mum's curry' taste :-). So want do you do when you are sure you can't do it the way its done? You improvise obviously :-D. B's folks will be here tomorrow & I guess I'm too nervous to even make a single dish the straight way. Its the 1st time Pappa is coming to see us in Blr & I guess I want them all to be happy with what I dish up :-D. Hmm... anyway the fish curry didn't come out like the way I make it usually & so I'm not sure what they'll think :-S.
I saw this Coffee Walnut cake in "What's cooking today!!" http://recipesfortheverydaywoman.blogspot.com/2010/09/coffee-walnut-ring.html & I couldn't resist the temptation to cook. So in the time between I kept the knead dough to rest & dal to soak, I started my baking session. Thankfully my l'le princess was asleep or else I'd have her cake batter prints all over my kitchen counter! So anyway while the rotis were being made, the cake was in the oven & I waited patiently for it to cool down & yes I did take my 1st bite.... LOVED it! Must thank Aliena for it :-). I didn't have maple syrup at home so I used the cherry syrup instead. Must ask Aliena where to find it. Wonder if its the normal pancake syrup... hmm must find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment