Sunday, October 3, 2010

Arabian Night :-)

We invited a few friends over for dinner & the dishes , we decided would be arabian. Well when I say arabian, shawarma is the topmost thing on our minds. B wanted me to make just the shawarma but I thought we needed more than just shawarma. So we had Tabouli salad, Sheek kebab with mint chutney, Khubus, Hummus, Thoum, Tahini dip, Shawarma & for rice dish I made Maqlooba. I gave choice between chocolate cake & choco lava & the latter won the favour so made choco lava & served that with a scoop of Ice cream. Shawarma could've been more crispier but my oven was working too hard bringing out the khubus that Shawarma had to do with the prep on Gas stove.
On the whole we had a good time. I love it when I've a house full of ppl to be fed. I don't feel tired or out of energy. In fact its just the opposite. But once my day is done, I'm ready to crash :-D.
Prepared the 'sauces' 1 day ahead. Maqlooba was a totally last minute decision. I was afraid shawarma wouldn't be sufficient & so thought maybe a l'le bit of rice would do fine to finish up the dinner. The last thing I wanted was people going back hungry after dinner :-).
Was a nice long hard day or hard labour :-D. All in all I enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment