Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fabric Pouches

I love to try making new things. Sometimes an idea gnaws at you till you HAVE to get it done. Such is the case with me before I attempt anything new. The old cliched phrase goes "Necessity is the mother of invention" I say Necessity makes me to try out things I believe I can do at home.

Before school could reopen I made sure I made a pencil pouch for my kiddo using a floral themed fabric in Navy blue colour. She was so excited when I told her it was for her :-). She is pretty easy to impress at this age! But in a matter of few month she lost her pouch with all its contents! So I made a new one for her which she still has (Thank God!). But recently I felt she needs to carry her supplies for art class in a different pouch so promptly made her a rather large pouch.

The pouch I made for my daughter for carrying her art supplies. The  fabric used is cotton



A very dear friend of mine was in town and DH and I went to see her off. From the time she told me she'd be in town I've been thinking of making a few things for her. So I made 3 sample pouches.

Multipurpose Pouches:
The first pouch can be used as a toiletries pouch or to store clips, hairbands or any thing you may fancy. The size is medium and the fabric used is cotton and the zip is the normal nylon zip.




The second pouch I attempted is the dumpling pouch. The zip is plastic teeth one, the kind used in jackets and I believe it also goes by the name of Vislon. This is pouch is more "open" in the sense that the zip comes all the way down on both the sides. It can be used to store things that you want to find without digging into a pouch. It can also be used as a pencil case, to store markers etc




 The third one was made in the way I normally make pencil pouch. I made this a bit wide than I normally do a pencil pouch. Again it can be put to many uses. All depends on the one carrying it. It can even be used as a money purse to carry coins, currency notes etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment