Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Fabric Trifold Wallet

My wallet decided to die on me... yes! my faithful companion of quite a few years suddenly turned bad and I decided it is time to replace it. I was thinking of getting a new one, when the idea struck me - Why not create a wallet / clutch in which I can carry the cards, cash and my rather large phone? oh and add to that a pocket for coins. My previous wallet didn't have a slot for coins and as a result I never carried coins and the coins I got never stayed in the wallet. It would invariably slip into my bag or jacket or wherever else I kept my wallet. This was my first attempt at making a wallet and I'm rather pleased with the result. Of course there are things I'd do differently the next time around :-)

The fabric used is cotton and the inside is lined with polyester cloth. For the card slots, pockets etc I have used is cotton one in onion pink colour. I loved the fabric and the design the very first time I saw it and I had to have it :-).

Trifold ladies wallet

The backview

The inside view - slot for cards, beneath that is space to keep cash, shopping list etc.
And the center is the space to hold my phone. I have added a velcro closure just to ensure the phone doesn't slip out and the zip pocket for carrying coins and small items. I didn't not have magnetic snap closure snaps so I used velcro for the main closure as well.




To finish off I added 7 circular glass pieces to the front as a decoration and to  hide the stitch down the middle of the clasp.
My first ever handmade wallet - DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment