Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bag making supplies in Bangalore

I have been searching in Raja Market and Okalipuram for bag making materials but didn't have much luck. I wanted to get hold of the D rings, O rings, height adjusting loops and so many other bag making related material. I believe it was one of the shop keepers in Okalipuram who told me to swing by Balepete for these items. But it took me a long time before I did. And then one day, I decided to go to Balepete. It is a market in Bangalore, very close to the Raja Market and Avenue road (you can check in Google map, which is what I did and got there thanks to GPS) . I would've given better directions but the ''pete'' is a tight place with short lanes (as is to be expected) so it is really hard to give exact directions. Reach Balepete and ask any of the shop owner where you will get the bag making supplies and they will guide you. That was how I found the shops.
Another thing to do is get to (again you could ask around) Sri Venkateshwara Sweet Meat Stall and the lanes inside will take you to the store that sell bag making supplies.
The things I found in Balepete:
1) D ring, O ring, other rings and rivets used for bags
2) Coloured cords for the drawstring bag
3) Magnetic snaps, buckles, different snap fasteners for bags
4) Zips (metal, coil etc) you can get these by the meter.
5) Height adjusting loops
6) Bag hooks
7) Bag lining and Bag outer fabric
8) Water resistant fabric
9) Clear Sheets (also called clear Vinyl) of 20mm and 15mm thickness
10) Rexine (prices vary from INR. 300 - 2000)
11) Bag handles

These are just some of the items. There were way many more things in the numerous shops. There were mainly two stores from where I shopped that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment